Are we animals or humans?
Nowadays it has been understood that man is an animal, let alone some exceptionally well-developed characteristics. These include consciousness, cognitive ability and language. However, these properties are also found in other animals, though less well developed.
My great fascination for chimpanzees is based on our similarities and our way of seeing ourselves in them, because as soon as you put a chimpanzee in a human-encoded environment, you stop seeing them as animals and instead start focusing on what we have in common.
I usually say that I describe a generation gap in my paintings, between us and the chimpanzees, how they live as part of nature while we live off it, something that is no longer sustainable.
You always have to make choices that are not just for today, choosing things that someone else wants to take over when you feel you no longer want it, instead of using the wear and tear culture.
Therefore, I have a great fascination for the constant and timeless.
I love to work with a large field of colour. I think a lot of the room or space I place my monkeys in, and it is a conscious choice to not put too much scenery around them that can steal the focus, it’s about the interaction they have with each other, and the background colour enhances the feeling a want to mediate. I like to think of my paintings as mood setters when you walk into a room with one of my paintings, you should be able to read it in seconds and subconsciously be affected by it.
Bobo Wallmansson Born 1988, is a Swedish artist who lives and work in Borås
- 2011-2012 Artcollage painting and sculpture
- 2012-2014 Gothenburg school of art, with oriantation Painting
- 2013, Who, where and what is the monkey, (Borås)
- 2014, Monkey Business galleri Sandeng, (Göteborg) 2015, Homage to heritage Part I (Stockholm)
- 2015, Homage to heritage part II, Galleri Arkiv8 (Göteborg)
- 2016, Me like you like them like us Part I, Båstad hotell Galleri Arkiv8 (Båstad)
- 2016, Me like you like them like us Part II (Stockholm)
- 2016, Jag upplevde H.K.H Mariella interiors, (Borås)
- 2017, Cut the ties (Digital exhibition with showroom in Stockholm)
- 2017, Celebration to Duration Gallery arkiv8 (Göteborg)
- 2019, Continuous of everything and nothing, Galleri Konstgruppen (Stockholm)
- 2019, The pattern of life (Göteborg)
- 2020, The Pattern of life Part II, Galleri Artform med Konstgruppen (Stockholm)
- 2020, Internal Affairs (Helsingborg)
- 2020, The Elusive (Malmö)
- 2021, More is not Less (Båstad)
- 2021, Portrait of a friend (Stockholm)
- 2015, (Galleri Torekov, Torekov)
- 2017, ENTER THE ART, Stockholm
- 2018, ENTER THE ART, Berlin
- 2018, Match KUNST Ohnmacht, Berlin
- 2017, Affordable art fair Stockholm with Gallery Nordic artwall
- 2018, Affordable art fair London with Konstgruppen
- 2018, Affordable art fair Stockholm with Konstgruppen
- 2018, Affordable art fair London with Konstgruppen’
- 2021, Positions Air Fair Berlin